Thursday, January 5, 2012

Sewing room organised, almost!

Well, after too many days, refolding too many fabrics, too many notions to decide where to go and too much other stuff that needed a home I have finished, for now.  You do realize that organizations of sewing rooms only last as long as you don't start sewing again because then you start taking stuff out and not putting it back!  For now, I have it organized and all my UFO''s found.  USO's have been recognised too!  New pictures in gallery reflect some of the areas of my compact sewing room.
My sewing studio is 10' by 10' with 3 major doorways and 2 windows in it.  Doorways to the bathroom, side entry and living room are here as well as 2 windows, one that has a shade on it to keep the sun away, and a second, that is my view to the nature, that is 10' away.
Ceilings are high and so is the storage and I use a small step ladder, that is in my bathroom, which the grand children use, is near by.  My design wall is the floor.  Buttons, trims, odd jewelry, beads and stuff are in African baskets and canning jars and chicken feeders!.. All fabric has been touched and refolded and there are spaces now, for more...........................
Bags hanging from funky hooks hold paraphernalia for each sewing machine and the ladder my husband made me has more bags with, snaps, Velcro, projects that are started and those that will be.
Plastic containers from JoAnns,  the must place for all sewers,  have UFO's.
Quilt racks holds completed quilts and bodyform, my latest creation!
Rolling baskets have selvedges, yarn and extra blocks and fabric from completed projects..
Bins in Tiffany blue mermaid bathroom hold vintage fabric!
Not shown is desk with more JoAnns plastics bins with thread of all kinds.  I love thread and have at least 1000 spools and I love the sheen, the colors and the texture!  Never enough thread!
Now to sew...................................

No comments: