Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Getaway, life!

I went to a quilt getaway with Concord Piecemakers Quilt Guild, CPQG, last weekend which is 11 miles from where I live!  What fun, what UFO's almost completed, what a wonderful sound, machines humming and friends laughing!  Thanks, Marian!  I bought a new SewEZI table and love, love, love it and everyone who takes workshops or goes to getaway needs one!

I was able to find all my projects because of my studio cleanup and I was able to put the neatly folded fabric back when I was done.  I started my "Hack and Sew"  quilt titled "A Family Confrontation/Conversation" with Alexander Henry fabrics from their Holloween collection and I am planning to write subtitles for what the characters are saying, using family dialog!  What dialog!?  Most of us are deaf and the others wish they were!

I am the guest speaker at CPQG this week.  What pressure as it is harder to do this for people you know than strangers because they know you, my quilts, have heard some of the stories and expect me to be funny all the time!  Pressure!

My latest "Hack and Sew"  project about the family will include 2 years of 1/2 square triangles and 3 years of Dresden petals swap from Material Girls quilt guild and so the UFO's will be crossed off the list.  My latest challenge to ones self is writing down my current list of UFO's which are:

I think we should all, be truthful, count our UFO's and put the number in a Blog or email.   All of those swaps, class projects, baby blanket for first grandchild, now 6, started, but hated it, (give that one away,) all of those Friendship blocks, crazy quilt squares and any other thing that is stopping you from  just doing it!.   Then, instead of competing against one another , we compete against ourselves.  If you have done a  piece work type of job in the past, (I made sunglasses,) the only way to get through the day was by making more than you did the day before.  This time we are finishing more quilts and freeing up space, than we have ever tried to do in the past.
Keep me posted on how many completed and we will have a built in cheering and crit group all year long.  I will count mine today!
 ......and here are the UFO's, some winners
Ok I have these UFO;s, never mind the USO's that are incoming always!
2 years Crazy Quilt  Blocks
2 red work hand embroidered pieces
Strata for Louise Smith and  Ami Simms classes
Elinor Peace Bailey pocketbook started
3 years Petals swap, 1 year used
2 years 1/2 Square swap all used to make 3 tops as backgrounds for petals
Italian Floors paper pieced quilt
Greek door quilt  from a class
Secrets Quilt
Friendship Blocks 2 guilds Swap
Faces of me Friendship Block
Landscape  from Pam Druhen class to be stitched and quilted
Linda Warren Moon class top to be completed
3 Jackie Patton class stenciled pieces
Naughty Elves  Crayon quilt needs to be hand quilted
5 piece Asian panel Strip Robin
Tent lady? Fusible Applique class
Hand appliqued Snowman pillow top created by daughter
Leaves Friendship Blocks
2 hand painted pieces in QC  Jennifer Beavin class
Hand embroidered Chicken blocks leftover from a jacket
Hand applique Chickens a BOM from quilt store
Quilters Way BOM that I can't figure out the ruler!
Whirly Windmills blocks seminar from a getaway for  Nashua Sew and Vac
Japanese Lanterns leftover from quilt, quilt blocks
Sylvia's Einstein class mystery blocks (A mystery to me)
Marci Baker class  top to  bequilted
Halloween quilt, Hack and Sewn!, needs verbage and quilting
Grandson's  4th Birthday Quilt  DONE


As you can see I did not include any USO's like the Grandchildren names art books that are in a plastic containers
Hand dyed and Mono printed pieces
vests that need to be cut and sewn
Jackets that are in my Brain and sew many other wonderful projects wanted but yet created!

Done!

No comments: