Thursday, January 19, 2012

the morning after........

Well, my talk for my quilt guild, Concord Piecemakers, went great and it was easier than I thought to speak to people you know.  They laughed and smiled and wore my coats with aplomb, even if some did put them on backwards and inside out!  Check out the pictures.

There are always words I wanted to say but forgot as I really don't have a  prepared speech and just talk.  One of the most important things my mother, The Memere, said as I was growing up is you need to get dressed everyday so why not choose something nice instead of sloppy or unattractive.  You need to put it on so take a moment and choose something that makes you feel great!

Another comment I forgot to say was one my husband tells me, when I complain I have a deadline or too much to do, he says I could get up everyday and do nothing, that I should look in  the mirror and "see my enemy, it is me".  We do control what we volunteer to do or what quilts we start but how boring would it be to wake up everyday and have nothing to do.  I am a firm believer in giving back to my community, as a Selectman, on the Zoning Board and assorted Building committees in the past and the currently  Fitchburg Art Museum.  Love that place and hope all come to visit.  I also believe that family comes first, always no matter how much that may interfere with your plans.

Also, people wonder what my husband thinks of my "outfits".  The first time I wore one he thought I should not go out in it.  We were going to the Paradise City Art Show that comes 4 times a year to the area.  After the 20th person asked where my booth was, he decided he should make business cards so I could sell them!  Ha!  Now if I go to business function with him, he only wears button down collared Brooks Brothers shirts, pleated cuffed pants and wing tips or loafers in brown and black, and I look "normal",  he tells me to change as he has told people his wife is coming in her weird garments and they would be disappointed if I look normal.  What's normal anyway!

another morning.........
Jessica


1 comment:

Linda Hicks said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.