Friday, December 9, 2011

Chenille again and always

Today, still no snow, yet the air is crisp and the smell of the wood stove reminds me, "Let's have a snow day!"   A friend is coming to over, who has taken my Chenille class in the past, and wants to relearn how to make a Chenille jacket for  another friend for Christmas.  Very ambitious. YIKES!
I don't usually talk about how I make  my Chenille cloth before creating a jacket or vest in my Slevedge Queen talk, too much time, plus I talk too much already.  The right supplies will make the process more enjoyable and quicker.

Supplies: Sewing machine with normal supplies, threaded with spool of funky colored thread and  10 bobbins in any color, Hera marking stick (I love this and I will explain why, it is cheap), chalk or washaway marker, large ruler with 45 degree angle on it. Large/medium rotary cutter with new blade, and cutting mat. Small pointed and blunt nose scissors are helpful.  Electric scissors are good if you are going to cut through all the layers.  Chenille cutting mats, for fussy cutting areas that you do not cut through.  I buy online.
Fabric: !5 yards and do not wash!  Big bold, bright prints work best, I love Alexander Henry fabrics!

1 comment:

Kathryn The Quilter said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.