Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Selvedge fabric


Well, I couldn't stand the laundry basket full of Selvedges so I used them up!  That's right, all of them.  I did throw some of the very narrow out but I was amazed at how beautiful they look when sewn in a rag rug in a previous post or this one that may turn into a bag!
rag rug or bag
The remaining selvedges I stripped pieced into  eighteen 11 1/2" squares and trying to use up the left over batting, given to my by my favorite Longarm quilter Kathryn, more strips.  I have enough to make a quilt or a jacket or one of each!
Selvedges!
more
all used!



What? huh?


I have a carved Santa made by Uncle George that is dressed in "lakewear:" and he is seriously considering my latest projects!

I have also been making animals, so far 2 elephants and  2 bears out of reproduction Kente Cloth for an upcoming exhibit at the Fitchburg Art Museum.
Kente Elephant


Need to finish something that I am supposed to finish instead of  playing with other stuff.


3 comments:

Sandy Gregg said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...

Thanks and hope all is well and creative! Took a class with Jane Davila today and it was eye opning so many new products!

Unknown said...

Thanks and take a class with her!