Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Happy Turkey Day and every day!

Another holiday, another time to reflect that I ate too much again!  You, my relatives are all away for actual day, who cares, as long as we get to celebrate a day, together, which we did, in loud style!  Loud because we are mostly hearing impaired and have lots of grand children who run, scream and yell to make sure we remember they are there!  Seriously, any day we see a member of a our family is a great day.  My mother always said that "it is not the extraordinary day you remember, but the days that all seems well and you are upright!".  Well,oct of us were upright by the end of the day!
My husband and I will celebrate a quiet day ripping up our only closets in the laundry room and bedroom, to get ready for an expansion, of course during the winter, where the roof will be raised and baby it is cold outside with snow already here!  Then he will leave me alone, the prairie wife, for a few weeks while he travels to Asia.  Keeping the home fires burning, I shall forge ahead! As always.
I have made 50 pillow cases, some with some great looking boy toy fabric, to wrap Christmas presents in.  No paper here just getting rid of the fabric I need to get rid of to make room for more.  Started making, finally,  a belated birthday and Christmas table centerpiece for patient friend.  Need to make 5 assorted baby quilts for past showers and future ones.  I may as well get ahead of it.
I will make a turkey for Thanksgiving as we love leftovers, just like I love all those left over fabrics that call for a scrap quilt, so one of those is on my a gender!
My nights are filled with taping and watching 3 movies at a time, all the Holiday movies need an audience!
My wish for all is that you get up every owning and can't wait for the day to enfold.  That your sun, whether snow or rain , will always be in your sewing room.  That you thank God and those who encouraged you to sew, thanks Mom, and you never beat on your sewing machine the way I do!
Have a great life!
Jessica

No comments: